Just happened to notice that my blog posts were getting a bit dark of late, so something on a lighter note coming up!
This is a list of made-up words that could actually make it to a Dictionary, someday. Most of them have been made up by stringing together innocuous words and coming up with a new one , bordering on the ludicrous. The last few are stand alone expressions/euphemisms or whatever you choose to call ‘em! Of course, urbandictionary.com was the main source of inspiration for my flagrant flouting of the English language and its rules 😉
So , Here goes!
- Bookover – That feeling of incompleteness and disorientation you feel when you’ve just finished reading a great book and step back into reality.
- Boregasm – The pinnacle of boredom.
- Cheapzzeria – Pizza Places in India other than the ‘biggies’, that sell cheap pizza, usually some form of flatbread loaded with tomato sauce and a generous helping of vegetables (ranging from cabbages to yams) and microwaved to oblivion!
- Dejafood – A cooler name for food leftover from the previous day(s)!
- Facebrag – The act of bragging on Facebook
- Textpectation – The often anxious act of waiting for a text to arrive.
- Hashtaggaddiction – Overusage of hashtag on social media posts – The act of using more hashtags than words in a sentence.
- Phonetrovert – A person who is comfortable spending time alone with his/her phone
- Mantrum – Tantrums thrown by a man when he can’t have his way.
- Mall feet – That ache in your feet that comes from spending too much time at the mall
- Netlag – The tiredness and physical exhaustion felt after being online for several hours after sundown , panning different time zones!
- Nutella – God’s way of testing the mental fibre of any individual keen on losing weight.
- Post-Potter Depression – That empty feeling that comes from finishing the last of the Harry Potter books.
- Edward Cullen – A psycho who loves watching young girls sleep. Highly anaemic.
15.Qwertyuiopasdfgooglpeed – Your facebook status update when the phone falls into the hands of your toddler.
16.Khantastic – adj. Getting out of any kind of trouble( includes assaulting or running over people, killing endangered species, making foot-in-the-mouth statements, to name a few ) without much ado.
17.To pull off a ‘Rajini’ – (expression) To do something incredible defying all laws of physics, chemistry, biology and mathematics!
Hope you had fun reading this! More new-fangled, crazy-ass suggestions are welcome!